Today I'm going to share with you how to make this cute fabric trinket bowl.
- Fabric and matching/coordinating thread
- Small round plate or bowl (or a circle measuring 6.75 inches in diameter)
- Smaller round plate or bowl (or a circle measuring 3.5 inches in diameter)
- Sewing machine
- Sewing pins
- Pen/Pencil/Fabric Marker
- Trace the small plate or bowl on the wrong side of your fabric and cut it out.
- Repeat, so that you have two circles the same size.
- Pin the two pieces of fabric right-sides together. While pining, mark a three-inch gap (see the two blue pins below).
- Sew around the edges a half-inch from the outer edge (see yellow-dotted line in picture below), leaving a three-inch gap.
- Then cut notches slightly above the sewn line. Don't cut the notches too deep!
- Then turn the fabric inside-out.
- Top stitch the gap close and continue to top stitch along the entire border.
Step 3- Trace and Sew:
- Place the smaller plate or bowl in the center of your sewn circle.
- Trace around the smaller plate or bowl and then stitch along the smaller circle.
- Make eight equally spaced lines from the inner circle to the outer circle. See the red lines in the figure below.
- Then draw two lines forming a V-shape radiating from where the red line meets the inner circle, for each of the eight lines. See the blue-dotted lines in the figure below.
Step 5- Pinch and sew:
- Pinch each set of the two blue-dotted lines together and sew along the blue-dotted line.
- Repeat this for each set of blue-dotted lines.
- Once you're done with all eight sides, open and shape the bowl.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!