Today I'm going to share with you how to make fancy envelopes. I know this isn't a party favor type of gift, but we often need fancy envelopes for occasions that request "no boxed gifts".
This envelope only takes minutes to make and can be customized to fit any occasion.
Let's get started!
Here are the supplies you'll need:
- Decorative paper (8.5 by 8.5 inches)
- Ribbon (30 inches)
- Scrap paper for envelope lining (optional)
- Download this template and cut it out (cut along the solid line).
- Trace the template on the back of your decorative paper and cut.
- Crease where indicated (dotted lines on template). Crease such that the flap close towards the back of the decorative paper.
Step 2- Add a Liner (optional):
- If you would like to add a liner (so that your check or cash cannot be seen, or to add something pretty to the inside of the envelope), cut a piece of scrap paper 3 1/8 by 7.5 inches.
- Glue the liner to the back of the decorative paper between the top and bottom creases, with the right side of the liner facing up.
Step 3- Glue Envelope Together:
- Fold in the two short flaps on either side of the envelopes and add a little glue to the front of the flap (starting 1 inch from the top and going all the way to the bottom).
- Then fold the bottom flap and hold in place.
Step 4- Add Ribbon:
- Cut ribbon into two pieces, each 15 inches long.
- Find the center of each ribbon and place it on the center of the front of the envelope (make sure the top flap is closed).
- Glue the ribbon on top of the envelope approximately 1/2 inch from each edge.
Now the envelope is complete! To use the envelope, add some cash, a check, or a gift card along with a note and then tie the ribbons (trim excess ribbon). You may wand to add a little bit of two sided-tape if the top flap doesn't lay flat.
Here's what the front of the envelope looks like when the envelope is closed:
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!