Monday, June 3, 2013

Ombre Bracelet Tutorial

Hi Everyone!

I'm on an ombre kick at the moment and today I want to share with you how to make ombre bracelets.




Here are the supplies you'll need:
  • Pearl/Glass/Crystal beads in three gradients of the same tone (I used glass beads from Michaels)
  • Clear elastic (0.5 mm)
  • Scissors
  • Measuring tape
  • Super glue (optional)
  • Ribbon (optional)




Step 1 - Measure:
  • Measure how long you would like your bracelet. You can do this by wrapping a measuring tape around your wrist to the desired length or measuring something that already fits you well (I used my watch).



Step 2- Cut Elastic:
  • Cut three strands of elastic the length of your wrist measurement plus 5 inches (e.g. I cut each strand about 11.5 inches since my wrist measurement was 6.25 inches)
  • Double knot one end of each strand.

Step 3- String beads:
  • String each color of bead on separate strands of elastic. String enough beads to cover the length of your wrist.



Step 4- Tie Strands:
  • Choose whether you rather have three separate bracelets or one bracelet.
  • If you decide to have three separate bracelets, then double knot the two ends of each bracelet to form a circle for each strand. Add a dab of glue to each knot to secure in place.
  • If you decide to have one mega bracelet (this is what I did), then place the strands in order of light to dark and double knot all three strands together.

  • Next, double knot the three-in-one strand with all three of the individual strands on the opposite end. Trim excess elastic.
  • If you have super glue, you can glue the knot to make sure it stays put (optional).
  • The knot may look a little messy. To make it neater, you can tie some ribbon around it (optional).




  • Now the bracelet is done!



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment.

Best wishes,

Zaineb

PS. Sorry for the poor picture quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this post. Please leave me a comment or email me at giftsforallmyfriends@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time to write a message.